Remodeling in itself is inherently a “Green” building practice. Instead of tearing down and starting over, a home improvement project is a great example of recycling and reusing existing materials. So as you consider adapting to your family’s changing needs by renovating your kitchen or remodeling a bathroom, or building a addition to your home, you are to be congratulated for looking in an ecologically responsible direction.
At J Allen Smith Design/Build, we are committed to following a remodeling process for your home that preserves the environment for future generations and provides maximum benefits while you are living in your home.
Decisions made as we work on your green remodeling project will take environmental impact, resource and energy efficiency, and indoor environmental quality into consideration. Because we are committed to these Green building principles, you will realize the following benefits upon completion of your project with us:
- A Sense of Satisfaction. You will know that you have done the right thing. You will have made a contribution to the health of the environment, so that we—and future generations—can live better.
- Greater Comfort. When your house is considered as a whole and such elements as better insulation, air sealing, indoor air quality, and lighting are incorporated into your project, you experience greater comfort in your home. You also find out that your home is safer and healthier, too!
- Lower Energy Bills. With the increased energy efficiency gained through following green building principles, you see an immediate difference in your monthly bills.
- Reduced Repair and Maintenance Costs. Because of the emphasis on quality and durability in Green building, you find yourself hunting for the hammer or calling for service less.
- Better Resale Value. Homes that are demonstrably Green are more in demand in the marketplace. People are willing to pay for the advantages built into a Green home. The energy savings are also a strong selling point.